Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
I’m half Danish and love winter in Copenhagen for the city's welcoming sense of hygge - the nearest translation would be cosiness.
Nick - Original Diver
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Dive with a whale shark
- Heli-ski the Harris Mountains in New Zealand
- Explore the Aleutian Islands by seaplane
- See wild dog working their magic in East Africa
- Beat my wife in a ski race
- But above all I'd like to do as many family holidays with my children as I can; or at least until they can't face it any more
- My wife and I went to the Fitzroy National Park in southern Chile and walked for five days without seeing another soul. Lying at the base of the 3,000m, sheer granite face of Cerro Torre with the Patagonian winds lifting our tent off the ground, was about as close to the power of nature as I have ever been.
- My favourite places (it's hard to pin down just one) would have to be at the start of the Cresta Run (reserves.recipients.superhero - rather fitting, I think), the place I've been going on holiday to since I was seven - Corfu (curious.aprons.unifier) and where I got married, in Portofino (awoken.giggle.astronomer).
Toughest Travel Moment
- I crossed the border into Peru a few days before the leader of the Shining Path terrorist group was caught. Within 100 metres of the border, we were pulled over by a group of gun-touting bandidos, bandanas across their faces. Coming out of that experience with all vital organs intact despite being relieved of most of our possessions turned one of my worst moments into one of the best.
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Celebrating a friend's 30th birthday in black tie on the top of a mountain in Jordan. We lugged duck à l'orange, claret and tablecloths up the sheer sandstone face of Jebel Rum.
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.