If you're desperate to travel again but need some reassurance that your trip will be safe, then you've come to the right place. We've looked at every facet of the Original Travel holiday experience and adapted and improved our services accordingly, so you can travel with absolute confidence.
Book with Confidence
When it comes to travel, for the next few months (at least) the keyword will be 'confidence'. Confidence that the destination you want to visit is safe; confidence that the actual process of getting there will be as pain-free as possible, and, above all, confidence in the travel company arranging the trip. It's only right in these uncertain times that you are going to want even more assurances than normal that things will run smoothly and that we've got your back. Well, thanks to our consultant's destination-specific expertise, our additional services to make navigating the airport a breeze, our global team of local Concierges, our new and improved flexibility promise and, of course, our ABTA and ATOL bonding, we can provide exactly that confidence.
Tailor-made travel is all about flexibility, but in uncertain times we wanted to provide an added layer of assurance. Welcome to our new flexibility pledge, designed to give you even greater confidence to travel again after lockdown. Here's how it works…
- For new bookings made between June 29th and December 31st 2020, and for departures at any time, we will offer you the full flexibility to change the trip up to 30 days prior to departure. You can, for any reason, change your destination to any other, and to any date up until the end of 2021, and there will be no charge. *
- For all bookings where we cannot fulfil the trip due to changes in travel restrictions, we will postpone your trip - again at no charge - to any departure date until the end of 2021, or offer credit against any future departure, or refund all monies paid. †
- * Our ability to do this is subject to the terms and conditions offered by our suppliers. We always aim to negotiate the most favourable terms with our suppliers but where they offer less flexible terms and conditions, we will communicate this clearly at the time of booking.
- If the new booking is of greater value, you will need to pay the difference; and if it is of lesser value, we will refund the difference.
- If you know that you don't want to travel on a booked holiday, but aren't sure where you want to go on the new trip, you can cancel - with no charge - up to 30 days before, and we will hold the funds as credit for a future trip with a departure date on or before 31st December 2021. The new trip must be confirmed before 31st January 2021.
- † This refers to restrictions imposed by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO - formely Foreign & Commonwealth Office), such as advising against all but essential travel to a destination; or restrictions put in place by the destination country that will prevent the fulfilment of the trip. With regards other restrictions such as quarantine measures, or domestic restrictions for travellers from outside the UK, we will not refund monies paid but will, of course, work with clients to postpone their trips, imposing no fees ourselves but with you required to cover any difference in cost for the new trip.
There's no getting away from the fact that getting away will - at least in the short-term - look different, and nowhere more so than at the airport. We can all expect longer queues due to social distancing, temperature checks, smaller or no hand luggage allowances and more. All this means our airport additional services and other clever travel hacks will be even more important to help you better navigate the constraints of coronavirus, and to create even more of a bubble of confidence around your travel plans.
We have partnered with Airportr to offer our clients the possibility to have their luggage collected from home and checked in (certain airlines and home locations only) so you can make your own way to the airport luggage-free, avoid check in or bag drop queues and go straight to meet your personal greeter. Please ask your consultant for more details if this service might be of interest.
Meet & Greet
As standard on all Original Travel bookings you will be met prior to check in by your personal greeter. It's a service we've included in all bookings for a couple of years now, and its time has truly come. With the airport landscape likely to change regularly as health and safety restrictions come and go, having someone who knows the airport inside and out to take you by the hand (metaphorically, of course - don't forget that social distancing) will be gold dust.
Fast Track Check in & Security
These are Original Travel additional services even if you are flying in economy class. Your greeter will find you the best check-in desk to speed through the process, and then whisk you through the fastest security lane. If you've already checked your bags in from home using the Airportr service then you can head straight to and through security with your personal greeter.
As above, as part of your Original Travel booking you have access to a luxurious lounge, where you can relax in peace and privacy before your flight, even if you're flying in economy class.
Airlines have been known on occasions to sit families or couples apart. To say this is annoying is an understatement. With coronavirus social distancing regulations meaning passengers are spread more thinly around the plane, we're likely to see more of this, but as part of your Original Travel booking, we will pre-select seats together for you.
There's more, if you want it
We can also offer additional assistance at the airport you are
flying home from (fast track check-in and security, and lounge
access, as from the UK), and fast track through immigration on your
return to the UK. Please ask your consultant for more details on
these additional services.
There are alternatives to all of the above, of course. You could forego flying altogether and travel in Europe by train or on a road trip from the UK or, for the ultimate indulgence and bubble travel experience, we also work with the best private jet charter agency in the UK.
Our global network of clued-up Concierges have long been a key ingredient in the Original Travel secret sauce, but in the new normal they are going to be even more crucial. The Concierges pride themselves on knowing the tucked away treats and local haunts that tourists don't even know exist. In short, the sorts of places and experiences you'll appreciate now more than ever.
Choose to tailor-make a holiday with Original Travel and the world really is your oyster. You can go where you want, when you want, to do what you want for as long as you want. We've never created the same trip twice and nor would we want to; we like to curate each holiday to your exact specifications. At this precise moment, when we're all realising just how much we've missed visiting other parts of this wonderful world, that's more important now than ever. Holidays are precious, and you want to know you can make the most of those first times away. Book with Original Travel, a serial award-winner for the last 17 years, and you can have confidence that it will be the trip of your dreams.
Value for money will always be a key consideration for anyone booking a holiday (or anything else, for that matter), but so too should added value. Book a holiday with Original Travel and - as standard - you enjoy all the above additional services from fast-track and lounge services at the airport (even if you're flying economy) through to the services of a clued-up Concierge in every destination you visit, who can open doors only the locals know. In addition, we are constantly negotiating and renegotiating our rates and keeping our ear to the ground for discounts with suppliers to stay super-competitive. Let's call it 'added value for money'.